“Supporting families accessing In Home Care and the Services and Educators providing this.”

What is In home care

In Home Care is flexible child care where children are cared for by a qualified educator in their own home. This form of care is only available to suitable families and there are limited places available.

In Home Care is not available to everyone, but can support families who are unable to access other types of approved child care or they are not appropriate or available.

To be considered suitable you must be eligible for the Child Care Subsidy and be at least one of the following:

  • Living in a rural or remote area where you are unable to access other forms of care
  • Working non-standard or variable hours when no other child care is available, or
  • Your family has challenging or complex needs or you are facing challenging situations

How can we help?

In Home Care Support Agency NSW & SA supports suitable families find the best In Home Care solution for their needs.

We assist by finding the right educator for you and ensure both your child and the educator are safe in their environment. We will also ensure you receive continued quality child care. We can also assist in making Additional Child Care Subsidy claims on your behalf.

If you are happy with your existing In Home Care educator they can remain with you as long as they meet certain requirements. In some instances, families may be able to find their own educators.

Contact us to find out more.

How much will it cost?

The cost of In Home Care will depend on your service and the experience of the educator you choose. The Child Care Subsidy is available to help suitable families afford the cost of child care.

The amount of Child Care Subsidy you may receive will depend on:

  • the number of children needing care (In Home Care subsidy caps apply to a whole family, not each child)
  • your combined annual family income
  • the activity level of you and your partner

The subsidy levels you are able to receive will also be based on the number of hours of recognised activity you undertake per fortnight. If you have a partner, these levels are based on the parent who undertakes the least number of hours of activity.

You may also be able to access additional child care subsidises if you:

  • require practical help to support your child’s safety and wellbeing
  • have grandparents who are primary carers who are on income support
  • you are experiencing temporary financial hardship

For more information about the Child Care Subsidy visit the Department of Education and Training Website. To find out how affordable In Home Care is for your family visit – The Centrelink Payment and Service Finder.

Have questions?

Call us toll free on:

1800 IHCARE (1800 442273)