Feedback and Complaints
In Home Care Support Agency NSW & SA welcomes your feedback, both positive and negative, about how we support you and your family. We also welcome feedback about your educator or service.
If you have a complaint, you can be assured your issue will be handled promptly and with care and discretion.
Use this information on the NSW IHC Support agency website.
Feedback and Complaints
How to give feedback or lodge a complaint
- Please refer to our Feedback and Complaints Guide for more information
- Use the Feedback and Complaints Form
- This is our Feedback and Complaints Policy
- This is our Conflict of Interest Policy
From time to time concerns and questions may be raised on the conduct of an educator, Service Provider or the IHC Support Agency. To resolve a concern or to provide feedback the following options are available:
- If a family has a complaint about their IHC educator, they should contact the IHC Service Provider to resolve their concerns.
- If the family has a complaint about the IHC Service or the Service Provider, they are to try and resolve it first with the Service Provider. If there is no resolution, the family can contact the IHC Support Agency who will contact the Service Provider to work to resolve the concerns. In the event the concerns cannot be resolved the family may be referred to the Australian Department of Education.
- If a family is raising a concern about the conduct of the IHC Support Agency they should contact the Department of Education directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Families, Providers and Service (and Educators)||In Home Care Support Agency
1800 4422 73
|Families||Department of Human Services
1800 132 468
|Providers and Services (and Educators)||Department of Education and Training
1300 667 276
How long does it take for a complaint to be resolved?
In Home Care Support Agency Victoria takes all complaints very seriously and will seek to resolve your issue as soon as possible. We’ll also keep you informed of the progress of your complaint and how it’s being handled.
We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days once it is received. Often simple issues can be resolved within this time. If your complaint is more complex, we will aim to resolve your issue within 30 working days.
Your information and identity will be protected
We understand you may want to remain anonymous, but sometimes we’ll need further information to resolve your complaint effectively. You can be assured your identity will be protected and your information will only be shared with relevant parties.
You can read more about how we protect your information here.
Someone can make a complaint on your behalf
You have the right to have another person, organisation or advocate to speak on your behalf. This can be a family member, legal or community representative, member of Parliament or another agency.
What if you’re not satisfied with the outcome?
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you have the right to take your issue to:
NSW Ombudsman: https://www.ombo.nsw.gov.au/complaints
Department of Education and Training: www.education.gov.au/